We are committed to treating your personal information responsibly and ensuring that your privacy is protected. Through your use of this website, we may collect certain information by which you can be identified. You can be assured that such information will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may update this policy from time to time, and will endeavour to inform you when we do. However, this may not always be possible and so you should check this page periodically to make sure that you are up to date.
Why we process personal data
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Our own internal record keeping.
- We may use your information for the purposes of providing you with our services, customer care and credit checking.
- We may need to disclose your information to public authorities, if requested by them or required by law.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, if you have ticked the ‘opt in’ box on the website.
What types of data we process
We may collect, use and store various kinds of personal data about you, which are outlined below:
- Identity Data, such as your name, date of birth, and profile picture.
- Contact Data, such as your billing address, postcode, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data, such as your card or bank account details.
- Transaction Data, such as the details of payments sent and received by you through the platform.
- Technical Data, such as your IP address and the date, time, and URL of pages you may visit on the site.
- Profile Data, such as the feedback you receive from other users, the messages you send and receive from other users, and the information you choose to share on your profile, listings, and public comments.
- Usage Data, which includes information about how you use and interact with our website, and the frequency with which you use it.
- Marketing Data, such as your marketing and communication preferences.
How we use your personal data
We process personal data for a number of different purposes, as outlined below:
|Purpose||Types of data||Lawful Basis for processing|
|Identification and authentication||Identity Data and Contact Data||We need this information to allow you to access all the services on the platform|
|Ensure safety of all users||Identity Data, Contact Data, and Technical Data||It is in the Legitimate Interest of us and our users to ensure that our platform is secure|
|To improve and develop services||Technical Data, Usage Data, and Marketing Data||It is in our Legitimate Interest to provide you with the best possible services|
|Verification of authenticated users||Identity Data, Contact Data, and Financial Data||We need to perform this to provide a safe and reliable platform for all our users. It is in our Legitimate Interest to protect the integrity of our platform|
|Provide information about a user you have been in contact with||Profile Data||Necessary to provide the services you request|
|Messaging||Contact Data and Profile Data||We need to provide this to ensure that contact between users is carried out in a legal and fitting way. It is in our and our users’ Legitimate Interest|
|To inform you about new services||Identity Data, Contact Data, Usage Data and Marketing Data||We use your personal data for marketing purposes only with your Informed Consent|
|Profile information – including calculated statistics and feedback from other users||Profile Data||It is in our Legitimate Interest to ensure that our users have enough information to evaluate other users on the platform before engaging in a contract with them|
|Accounting, invoicing and billing||Contact Data, Financial Data, and Transaction Data||Processing this data is necessary in order to allow users to perform contracts on the platform.|
|When contacting Tusk||Identity Data and Contact Data||We need to be able to identify and contact you in order to address any issues you may be having with your account.|
What happens if the purpose changes
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we consider it necessary to use it for another reason. If you wish to get an explanation of how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original one please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If we need to use for personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the lawful basis which allows us to do so. Dependent on the basis, we may need to ask you for your informed consent.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
How long we keep your data
We will only keep your personal data as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes by which we collected it, including any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. When determining the appropriate retention period, we take into account the amount, nature and sensitivity of any personal data.
How we keep your data secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When we might share your data
We may share your data with third party service providers where doing so is necessary to provide you with a service you have requested, when it is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation, or when doing so is in the Legitimate Interest of us or the third party. We may share your data with an official authority when required to do so by law.
We will not otherwise sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your Informed Consent or are required to do so by law, though we may transfer your information to the purchaser of the assets or shares of this company.
We will not transfer your data outside of the European Union without your Informed Consent, except where that transfer is to a party in the United States which complies with the EU–US Privacy Shield framework, or where we are required to do so by law or in order to provide you with a service you have requested.
A cookie is a small file which asks your browser for permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Cookies can also be used to help analyse web traffic by recording the pages you visit.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes – not for tracking individual users.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How we use third party services
Some parts of our site make use of third party services. These services may collect their own usage data and set cookies (or use similar tracking technologies) in addition to what is described above. You should review the privacy policies of these services to ensure that you are happy with them:
- We use MANGOPAY to handle task payments and provide you with a Tusk wallet. MANGOPAY collects and stores bank, card, and other payment details you provide as set out in their General Terms, which can be found here: tusktasks.io/terms/payment.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your rights relating to your personal data
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. We will provide you with a copy of the personal data we hold that relates to you, along with details of how it was acquired, how it has been used, and who it has been shared with.
- Request correction of your personal data. We will amend any incomplete or incorrect personal data we hold that relates to you, and inform any third parties of this change. We may need proof to verify the change.
- Request erasure of your personal data. You can ask us to delete any personal data that relates to you when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it. Note that we are unable to fulfil this request in certain circumstances, such as when the data is needed to fulfil a legal obligation, or when it is required by an official authority.
- Request transfer of your personal data to a third party. We will provide you with a copy of your personal data in a format that can be reasonably read by the third party you have chosen.
- Object to processing of your personal data. This applies when we are processing your data on the grounds of our Legitimate Interest, but you feel that this impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms. Usually some sort of justification is required on your part.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. You can ask us to stop processing (but also refrain from deleting) your personal data in cases where you have contested its accuracy or objected to its processing (and we have yet to resolve this), or when you require the data to be available to support your legal claims.
- Withdraw consent for a particular purpose of processing. Where we are using Informed Consent as the Lawful Basis for data processing, you may chose to withdraw that consent at any time. Note that we may no longer be able to provide you with certain services on the platform as a result. We will advise you of this at the time when you wish to withdraw consent.
How you can contact us
The data processing set out in this policy is controlled by Tusk Tasks Ltd (company number 10478964), a company registered in England and Wales with a registered office at King George Lodge, King George V Road, Amersham, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom, HP6 5FB.